Friday, July 20, 2007

trading


I've become a fruit trader this week. I am not overwhelmed by any one fruit or veg, but I feel the need to diversify my portfolio. Miss Clara across the street brought me about 5 pounds of peaches from her tree. I don't think she gave me the pick of the litter, as most of them were looking a little haggard, but still, great for pancakes this morning and hopefully some pie on Sunday. I didn't want to send her home empty handed, so I asked her if she wanted any plums in return. She was happy to take some off my hands.

I don't have a plum tree, but my friend Sara does. She lives a mere two blocks away and is sick of eating her Santa Rosa plums. Last week, I traded her some of my figs and zucchini and came home with WAY too many plums. She made sure to give me the warning about eating too many plums. In her house, they call it the "cha-cha's".

So, cha-cha's aside, our fruit portfolio is looking pretty good. Still have oranges from our friend next door, plums from two blocks away, peaches from across the street, and figs in our backyard. I wonder if my other neighbor will want to trade for some of her raspberries? So far, no money spent and a heck of a lot of fruit! If only I could stop the flies from coming...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home