Thursday, July 26, 2007

comfort me with food trades


Ok, so I borrowed a little bit from the title of one of my favorite books, but it's true! This food trading business gives me comfort. Our bounty is more well-rounded, our family diet is more varied, and no one gets sick of any one fruit or veg. More food choice, more comfort.

We now have loads of Meyer lemons (our tree is in it's infancy and still not producing) and first-of-the season Granny Smith apples from our friend in Oakland. Thanks to my dear husband, we didn't even have to trade food; just a little advice on deck building. The apples are a bit tart to eat out of hand...but perfect with a little cinnamon and sugar, softened up by a dash of heat. The ubiquitous Bay Area fog makes me want to bake. Tarte Tatin, anyone?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home